Beautifully appointed detached residence situated along one of Belfast's finest addresses in the heart of South Belfast.
The charming detached residence was designed in 1931 by J.P Rush architects under the unique 'butterfly plan', and is indeed referred to in 'Architectural Heritage of Malone and Stranmillis' by Paul Larmour.
Many of the numerous architectural features are reminiscent of the 'Arts and Craft' style of the era including period fireplaces, cornice ceiling and feature leaded windows. The quirky interior exudes charm and character and the reception rooms are both generous and comfortable.
The property, sitting on approximately one third of an acre is secluded, tranquil and quiet being secured by distinctive wrought iron gates leading to the front, side and rear gardens that benefit from the sun.
The double electric gates lead to extensive paved and parking areas with a large turning area. Outside, old style street lamps lead to the solid wood front door.
Within walking distance of the many preparatory and grammar schools in South Belfast and the excellent shops, restaurants and boutiques on the thriving Lisburn Road this is undoubtedly one of the finest examples of an individually designed home in what is described as the City's finest suburbs.
- Magnificent Detached Family Residence Built around 1931
- Open Porch Leading to solid Mahogany Front Door
- Entrance Hall with Oak Strip Floor
- Elegant Lounge with Oak strip Floor, Feature Bay Leaded Window, Mahogany Fireplace and Cornice Ceiling
- Dining Room with Oak Strip Floor, Feature Bay Leaded Window, Built in Book Shelves, Mahogany Fireplace and Cornice Ceiling
- Study/Office with Built in Bookshelves, Cupboards and Double Doors Leading to Conservatory.
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with Range Style Cooker leading to Solid Wood Mahogany Conservatory enhancing the Kitchen and Dining Area. Double Doors leading to Raised Patio Areas. Ideal for Barbecue and Relaxing in the Sun.
- Good sized Family Room with Oak Strip Flooring, Oak Carved Fireplace, Bay Leaded Window with Glass Ceiling and Double Doors to Raised Patio Area.
- Stairs leading to Family Bathroom with Jacuzzi, Toilet, Corner Shower.
- Delightful and unique Reading Room leading to Master Bedroom.
- Master Bedroom with Built in Robes and charming oriel Window Area
- 4 Further Bedrooms all with Built in Robes and one bedroom with oriel window Area
- Further Family Bathroom
- Oil Fired Central Heating
- Feature Leaded Windows
- Mature Private and Secluded Gardens to Front, Rear and side in lawns, Flowerbeds, flanked by Hedges, Trees and Shrubs
- Patio Area with outside tap
Solid Mahogany Front door with leaded glass side panels to:.
ENTRANCE HALL: Paneled walls, oak strip flooring .
CLOAKROOM: Low Flush suite.
LOUNGE: 19' 0" X 12' 11" (5.79m X 3.94m)
(into bay), Oak Strip flooring, mahogany fireplace with tiled inset and hearth, cornice ceiling, ceiling rose and Bay Leaded Windows
DINING ROOM: 16' 7" X 12' 11" (5.05m X 3.94m)
(into bay). Oak strip flooring, mahogany fireplace with marble insert and hearth, Built-in Display Shelves and Bay Leaded Windows.
STUDY: 12' 11" X 8' 10" (3.94m X 2.69m)
Cornice Ceiling, Built-in Book Shelves and Cupboards, Mahogany Fireplace with marble insert and hearth, Double Doors to Conservatory/Sun Room.
KITCHEN: 25' 11" X 8' 1" (7.90m X 2.46m)
Range of High and Low Level units, Old Belfast Sink with granite drainer and splash Back, Range style Cooker and Five ring Ceramic Hob, Extractor Hood, Plumbed for washing machine Dishwasher and American Style fridge Freezer
Open Plan to
CONSERVATORY/SUN ROOM: 17' 3" X 12' 1" (5.26m X 3.68m)
(at widest points) Solid Mahogany Wood Conservatory with Windows that Open, Raised Electric Fire and Double Patio Doors to raised private Patio Area for relaxing in the sun or barbecue terrace.
FAMILY ROOM: 26' 3" X 20' 10" (8.00m X 6.35m)
(at widest points) Oak Strip Floor, Oak Carved Fireplace with tiled insert and gas coal effect fire. Bay leaded Windows with feature glazed ceiling giving additional natural light. Double Doors to Raised Patio Area at rear and single door to raised Patio at side.
Hot-press and Storage Area
Jacuzzi bath, low flush wc, Bidet, pedestal wash hand basin, corner shower cubicle, Mira Electric Shower, part tiled walls and ceramic tiled floor.
Oak Strip Floor, Leaded Window Feature leading to:.
MASTER BEDROOM: 16' 8" X 12' 8" (5.08m X 3.86m)
Walnut Strip floor, Ceiling rose, cornice ceiling, Full Range of Built-in Robes, wash hand basin and Charming Oriel feature Leaded Window.
BEDROOM (2): 13' 1" X 10' 0" (3.99m X 3.05m)
Built-In Robe and Shelves, Charming Oriel Feature Leaded Window.
BEDROOM (3): 13' 6" X 12' 3" (4.11m X 3.73m)
Laminate wood effect floor, double built-in Robe, cornice ceiling
BEDROOM (4): 9' 6" X 7' 11" (2.90m X 2.41m)
Laminate Wood effect Floor, Built-in Robe
BEDROOM (5): 14' 1" X 12' 0" (4.29m X 3.66m)
Laminate Wood Effect Floor, Two double built in robes.
Panelled Bath, Vanity Unit, Low flush WC; part tiled walls and amtico flooring, low voltage lights.
The Delightful and Charming property is sitting on approximately one third of an acre site. The property is private, secluded, tranquil and quiet being secured by distinctive wrought iron gates leading to the front, side and rear gardens that benefit from the sun throughout the day.
The double electric gates lead to extensive paved and parking areas with a large turning area and can accommodate a number of vehicles. Outside, old style street lamps lead the visitor to the front door.
The Gardens are laid out in lawns, shrubs, flower beds and flanked by high hedges and trees making the property very private with various patio sitting areas including raised patio area to the rear leading to the garden.
Heading out of Belfast on Malone Road, Deramore Drive is on the left hand side opposite Inst playing fields.
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.