This charming Irish cottage dates back to the 1600s and sits privately amidst circa 5 acres constituting a small holding. The peace and tranquillity transform you to a world of self sufficiency, grassing animals, fruit and vegetable gardens, woodland and a meandering stream.
The typical cottage layout incorporates a main living area and two bedrooms with the unusual addition of an exercise flow pool in conservatory/garden room.
Outside the obligatory stone outbuilding surround the central farmyard which is approached a private short laneway from the main road.
The cottage is located a short 2 minute drive from the historic ferry town of Portaferry and is only forty minutes from Belfast .
- Oil fired central heating and uPVC double glazed windows
- Recent updating included rewiring and loft insulation
- Range of outbuildings most with electricity and wc in workshop/studio
- 5 acres divided into 2 paddocks, gardens and a woodland
- Features and Facilities in the area
- Excellent facilities in the vicinity include:
- Beautiful Beaches and Coast Line Around Strangford Lough Marine Nature Reserve
- Recreational Marina in the Largest Sea Lough in Europe
- Exploris, Northern Ireland's Largest Aquarium with Park and Outdoor Bowling Green
- Local Golf Courses at Kirkistown and Ardminnan
- Excellent Choice of Primary and Secondary Level Schools
- Kirkistown Motor Racing Circuit
- Salt and Fresh Water Fishing in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Sea-diving Facilities
- 6 Miles from Local Fishing Village of Portavogie for Fresh Seafood and Fine Seafood Restaurant
- Natural Trust Properties - Kearney Village, Castle Ward, Mount Stewart
- Belfast (30 miles), European City of Culture 2009 and holder of MTV Music Awards 2011
- Seasonal Events Include Portaferry's Annual Gala Week and the Galway Hooker Traditional Boat Regatta
uPVC entrance door.
OPEN PLAN LIVING ROOM/KITCHEN: 22' 6" X 13' 10" (6.86m X 4.22m)
Stanley oil fired range for cooking, heating and hot water, French oak unit, single drainer stainless steel sink unit, plumbed for washing machine and dishwasher, Heather Brown quarry tiles to kitchen area and original floor tiles to living area, vaulted pine ceiling,
BEDROOM (1): 16' 6" X 14' 0" (5.03m X 4.27m)
Pine tongue and groove ceiling, wood laminate floor.
Shower cubicle with electric shower, low flush wc, wash hand basin.
BEDROOM (2): 13' 10" X 8' 3" (4.22m X 2.51m)
Shower cubicle, low flush wc, wash hand basin, hotpress with copper cylinder and immersion heater.
CONSERVATORY: 19' 3" X 15' 0" (5.87m X 4.57m)
Currently fitted with 'Endless Exercise' pool (14' x 8') with variable speed waterflow, also used as garden room.
There are also a number of stone built buildings for for storage, garaging, workshop and machinery.
The property also comes with circa 5 acres which includes gardens with fruit and vegetable plants, 2 fields, woodland and a stream.
Leaving Portaferry on the Cloughey Road travel for approx 1.5 miles before turning right into Ballyrusley Road , laneway to property is first left.
Disclaimer: The following calculations act as a guide only, and are based on a typical repayment mortgage model. Financial decisions should not be made based on these calculations and accuracy is not guaranteed. Always seek professional advice before making any financial decisions.